Thanks so much for your interest in my blog about Morocco and Ghana. I’m very excited to offer a January 2017 class in these remarkable locations.
Market Insights in Morocco and Ghana is a Global Commerce Immersion (GCI) course that blends relevant classroom discussions, executive presentations, company visits, and market research to explore economics, business, culture, and context in Africa. We plan to visit Marrakech, Rabat, Casablanca, Accra, Kumasi, and the Cape Coast. We have outlined a fantastic journey, and hope it works out for you to join us.
Here are some Course Objectives:
- Appreciate the balance between standardizing and tailoring business strategy for various markets across Africa.
- Develop a better understanding of the global business environment in Ghana and Morocco and how it affects daily strategic and operational decisions.
- Recognize historical, socio-cultural, and other macro-environmental dynamics that shape consumer attitudes and behavior in Ghana and Morocco.
- Develop skills in analyzing economic and non-economic factors for identifying and evaluating market opportunities in Ghana and Morocco.
- Learn processes for effectively evaluating consumer markets and developing innovative strategies.
I plan to offer a few information sessions on September 5 & 6 in room 225 at the McIntire School of Commerce. I will also hold flexible office hours once the fall semester begins, and I will be happy to meet to discuss more class details.
All the best,