Sometimes I miss news in tech because I’m busy with a project. Apparently I missed something significant in the previous weeks: Uber Ghana now has local taxis on it’s services. From the feedback I see on Twitter, users are requesting for Uber cars and local taxis are showing up at their locations. People are NOT […]
Okay, I’ve been a bit quiet. Lack of motivation/finishing up uni (I got a 2:1, drinks all round!)/starting a new job/moving house has meant I haven’t really spared a thought for my little blog. However, I’ve got new inspiration and have some very exciting things planned, so stand by! For now, here’s a piece I […]
Yesterday we went to Tema, near Accra where there is a large fish market. Goal: find large prawns for Sunday lunch. Quite the the experience. Lots of fish, of various shapes and sizes. Four of us went, and it was interesting. Some fish in bowls or baskets, some on sacks, some looking fresh and some […]
Maybe every country around the world has a preferred drink, sometimes it’s a local hooch, or something that the locals have found by accident and seriously enjoyed the effect of the drink. And here in Ghana we are no different. We have local beer, Club, and two brewed hooches Palm wine and Pito. Ghana is […]
Morocco Mania – I had been viewing this itinerary on WOW Club’s website for quite a few years. In 2013 I nearly signed up for it but the dates didn’t work and I went to South Africa instead. This was my second trip with a women’s travel group and through this post, I really want […]
Thanks so much for your interest in my blog about Morocco and Ghana. I’m very excited to offer a January 2017 class in these remarkable locations.
Market Insights in Morocco and Ghana is a Global Commerce Immersion (GCI) course that blends relevant classroom discussions, executive presentations, company visits, and market research to explore economics, business, culture, and context in Africa. We plan to visit Marrakech, Rabat, Casablanca, Accra, Kumasi, and the Cape Coast. We have outlined a fantastic journey, and hope it works out for you to join us.
Here are some Course Objectives:
- Appreciate the balance between standardizing and tailoring business strategy for various markets across Africa.
- Develop a better understanding of the global business environment in Ghana and Morocco and how it affects daily strategic and operational decisions.
- Recognize historical, socio-cultural, and other macro-environmental dynamics that shape consumer attitudes and behavior in Ghana and Morocco.
- Develop skills in analyzing economic and non-economic factors for identifying and evaluating market opportunities in Ghana and Morocco.
- Learn processes for effectively evaluating consumer markets and developing innovative strategies.
I plan to offer a few information sessions on September 5 & 6 in room 225 at the McIntire School of Commerce. I will also hold flexible office hours once the fall semester begins, and I will be happy to meet to discuss more class details.
All the best,